From: David [mailto:dlocklea...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 10:37 AM
To: Cave Texas
Subject: [Texascavers] cave videos - Hart Attack

I misspelled the name of the video I was describing

in the previous post.

It is called "Hart Attack."

I was told that it was filmed in the cave beneath

Hart Springs, shown below.

       http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/files/hart.jpg

The video features a diver squeezing through a tight

spot with full side-mounted tanks and other gear.

The passage has a beautiful flow of white sand streaming

thru the squeeze.      Yet the passage is not silted and

the cinematography looks like it was filmed in high

def.      ( I can't wait to watch it on a 65 inch flat screen )

The film doesn't show how the cameraman got thru the

squeeze.        It appears beyond the squeeze they found a vertical

underwater borehole passage.      How did they light

up such a big passage?       The filming of this must

have been rather difficult.        I would presume they

spent many hours filming just to get this 5 minute

video.

My question is,

If you were a hard-core underwater cave diver, would

you squeeze thru spot, not knowing if you will have room

to turn around.      It seems like the chances of death

in that squeeze suddenly go from 75 percent to 80

percent.      I would classify that as "extreme caving."

I will never do that.      But it is exciting to watch someone

else do it, especially when it was filmed with such

high quality.

Has anybody out there seen this video yet, and if so,

do you have any other comments to add?

David Locklear