>The passage has a beautiful flow of white sand streaming thru the
>squeeze.      Yet the passage is not silted and the cinematography looks
>like it was filmed in high def.      ( I can't wait to watch it on a 65 inch flat
>screen )

>That scene of forcing the way through the squeeze scared the crap out of
>me.  The current made for a sandstorm of downstream.

It indeed does look scary, but I'm told that constriction is now 6' high.  It's in Hart Springs, hence the name, as I finally found out from Jill Heinerth.

That same sequence (though filmed at another time) was included in Hidden Rivers of Florida which won Best of Show in 2003, which is why Hart Attack didn't place this time.  And yes, all of Wes Skiles' work is now filmed in HD.

BTW, all the salon videos are now up on the NSS web site, so you can also see the intro sequence that flubbed during the performance.  New this year are higher resolution versions that you can download and play full-screen. They ain't Hi-Def, and probably won't look all that great on a 65-inch flatscreen, but are much more pleasing than the little 352x240 streaming videos.

You can find the winners page here .  But be warned, if you're on a slow connection, some of the hi-res files are up to 50 MB.

All the entries are also in the NSS AV Library , for you folks with 65" flat panels...

Alex

--
Alex Sproul, NSS 8086RL/FE
Chair, 2008 NSS Video Salon