Charles -
Is the 'buffer overflow' vulnerability still an issue or is that ancient
history?  I never quite understood how it could be exploited - I cannot
imagine how such an attack could make it past a firewall or even a router
anyhow...
It was one of my former IT bosses big excuse for not using implementing
Linux anywhere.

And can you guide me to an up-to-date ISO image for a "live BSD Unix"?  [The
BSD logo is the little demon (my guess - a visual acronym  for 'daemon')?]
The only repositories I could find were at least two years old.
I think it would be cool to eventually make a PC work "just like a Mac".
(It brings to mind an image of the stuffy PC guy in the Mac commercial being
moved around like a puppet by the Mac guy).
-WaV