Technically speaking, Texas Cavers' Reunion is not a TSA function.
The TCR is presented & hosted each year by the volunteers who call it the
Texas Cavers Reunion.

All formal and informal Texas caving organizations--- TSS TCMA TCC AMCS
are always invited to attend, and they may make use of the opportunity
presented by the high attendance to hold various board or membership
meetings.

Forcing all folks attending TCR to contribute to the TSA land fund,
although a noble gesture, is a bit like forcing the restaurant where a
grotto meeting is held to collect an extra $5 for everyone attending the
meeting.

Maybe you should charge the $5 against everyone attending the TSA meeting,
which is held at TCR, to enhance the Land Fund.
Or maybe you could consider a $10 surcharge to the TSA dues.

-cathy