To: <texascavers@texascavers.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:28 AM
Subject: [Texascavers] cave purchasing related

Concho Ranch about 29 miles south of Ozona
was recently sold.

The real-estate website stated:

    Concho Ranch is truly unique with its very own cave.

    The cave has not been fully explored,
    but many branches have been discovered
    through the main area.

In my opinion, it should be a priority among the cavers
in Texas to unite what little money we have to attempt
to at least purchase the entrance to the caves when
they come available, and some kind of easement to them.
At least by owning the entrance, you have some limited
rights to it.

However, the ICS is just 13 months away, so it would
seem that cavers efforts need to be focused on that
for the time being.      On one hand it would be nice
to have Punkin paid off by then.     But it would also
be nice to have just purchased some other cave that
we could take ICS attendees to.

If you could somehow get every caver in Texas to
unite behind a goal to buy another new cave, and
each donated $ 50.      How much money would that
be?     $ 25,000.      That would only buy about 20
acres in West Texas.     Right?

David Locklear