>From a RESIDENTIAL INSURANCE standpoint, concrete block homes and those
with solid masonry exterior walls (those with no wood framing in the
walls) take a lower insurance rate (premium) than the brick veneer homes
in which many of us live. I haven't insured one of these in the last
twenty-five years.  MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Fritz

  _____

From: Nico Escamilla [mailto:pitboun...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:30 AM
To: Fritz Holt
Cc: Don Cooper; Simon Newton; texascavers@texascavers.com
Subject: Re: [Texascavers] OT - Coal Ash Is More Radioactive than
Nuclear Waste

I have lived in a cinder/concrete block house my whole life (23 years)
and I am healthy as can be. a little overweight but thats another story.
Nico

On Dec 19, 2007 9:31 AM, Fritz Holt < fh...@townandcountryins.com>
wrote:

Don,

"I know a little bit about a lot of things but I don't know enough about
- cinder blocks". (Lyrics from a very old song).

As I understand it, a cinderblock is one of the building materials of
choice on many commercial buildings such as warehouses.

I generally refer to them as concrete blocks and they have about three
hollow spaces. Are these cinderblocks that contain

Radioactive material? Is there a danger in long term exposure inside
buildings constructed of this material? If so, why is it

allowed to be used so extensively?

Fritz

  _____