Porcupines are common in the caves of southeast Asia. I have seen them in
Mulu and in Thailand, and have often seen their tracks fairly far back. Let's
not forget that Deer cave in Mulu was called that because when Tom Harrison
(Mr.  Cool, look him up) first discovered the cave it was frequented by real S
ambar  stags.

Certain caves in central America are inhabited by Paca  (Cuniculus paca),
better know as Tepesquintle in Mexico or Gibnut in  Belize. I have often
written
about how tasty they are. Some caves are obviously  often visited since they
leave well traveled trails deep underground, but only  in certain caves. Damned
if I know why? In such circumstances I have searched  for stored food
material but have found none.

Jaguars often den in caves too, plus they hang around such places in search
of Gibnuts!

Sleaze