slides of the whole episode.

From: BMorgan994@aol.comDate: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:27:31 -0500To:
texascavers@texascavers.comSubject: [Texascavers] Cave critters

Porcupines are common in the caves of southeast Asia. I have seen them in Mulu
and in Thailand, and have often seen their tracks fairly far back. Let's not
forget that Deer cave in Mulu was called that because when Tom Harrison (Mr.
Cool, look him up) first discovered the cave it was frequented by real Sambar
stags.

Certain caves in central America are inhabited by Paca (Cuniculus paca), better
know as Tepesquintle in Mexico or Gibnut in Belize. I have often written about
how tasty they are. Some caves are obviously often visited since they leave
well traveled trails deep underground, but only in certain caves. Damned if I
know why? In such circumstances I have searched for stored food material but
have found none.

Jaguars often den in caves too, plus they hang around such places in search of
Gibnuts!

Sleaze