Can someone "briefly" explain the major difference between
karst and caves of the Texas Hill Country and that of
southern Indiana?

( in a few short paragraphs please )

In my opinion, most of the surface area around here looks like
parts of east Texas just southwest of Texarkana.

I can't imagine there being caves here, but there are and they
are awesome.

What is so important about the glacier demarcation lines?

It seems like there are a lot of caves here where you travel upstream
from a spring entrance and the cave then ends in breakdown beneath
a plugged sinkhole.       Why don't they open of the sinkholes and
have thru trips?        Are there many thru trip caves here?"

There are so many caves here that cavers can't remember which
one they where in.

Also, I have heard that some of the really small towns of the maps,
have different names used by the locals that live there.    I know
for a fact that many of the roads are not marked and there are
very few signs to help a lost tourist.      I have a topo Atlas of Indiana,
and it is a must have for anybody travelling down here,
but you might could get by with good GPS navigation system.

I have learned that the Blue River is not really blue.      The only
good swimming hole so far that I have found was in the cave
that I went to.        All the creeks and streams resemble
those in East Texas where we commonly have gators.
I don't like swimming with gators.

There appears to be only 2 things to do around here in southern
Indiana.     Agricultural work and caving.     After 15 minutes of
driving the Hoosier National Forest, I had had enough.    I imagine
the locals go stir crazy.

David Locklear