All, my questions and comments are below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Butch Fralia [mailto:bfra...@charter.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 3:25 PM
To: Alman, Mark @ IRP; 'Charles 'wokka' Goldsmith'
Cc: 'John P. Brooks'; webmas...@cavetexas.org
Subject: RE: [Texascavers] The TSA purpose - another opinion

The first thing I need you to do is go out to the site and register so I
can set you up as administrator/moderator.

How do I do this or is it not set up yet? I was unable to locate it on
the webpage.

We'll need to get rid of the test forums that are in place and set up
the forums like you'll want them.  Do we want to let non-members read
the forums, some of the forums or block all access for non-registered
users.  I'll have the registrations forward to you and you'll have to
check them against your list and approve them.

It's up to y'all, but my feeling is to let non-members be able to read
them, but, you must be a paid and registered TSA member to post or
reply.

Also, I think the way the Maverick Grotto does their newsletters is
good, in that, you must be a paid member to look at the most recent
TC's. If you're not a paid
Member, maybe we can let them look at the 1st quarter issue.

Charles suggested that the TC's could be downloadable by members only
through the BBS software.  I think that's doable but will have to check
up on it.

You can check out texascaving.com for forum examples.  We'll probably
want to have a rules section that anyone can read.

Again I probably can't do much with it this week but wanted you to be
thinking about it.

Butch

Finally, do we want to have sub-sections in the forums sections, i.e.,
project section, trip section, Grotto section, TSA Business section,
etc. or is this too much?

However y'all want to do it and thanks so much, Butch and Pete, for
undertaking this challenging and, hopefully, groundbreaking task for the
TSA!

Mark