Gill Ediger wrote:

it is not chili.

No, it isn't. It is certainly not Chile, (as in red or green or christmas...both at the same time) which is the real deal. A fortunate few Texas Cavers at last year's TCR got to sample real New Mexican Green Chile provided courtesy of the Southwestern Region. As I recall they all thought it was HOT. It was, sorta. We did tone it down a bit. Once you acquire a taste for Chile, the brown stuff just won't do any more. The harvest is beginning to come in over here. The aroma of green chiles roasting over an open flame is almost intoxicating. You get your 30 or 50 pound sack processed to tide you over for the next year, because a day without green chile is worse than a day without sunshine.

Maybe there'll be some more at this year's TCR.