Carizal as a tourist cave is a terrible idea. It isn't very pretty at any
of the levels.

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:55 PM, Espeleo Coahuila via Texascavers <
texascavers@texascavers.com> wrote:

> Currently the Caves of Carrizal, are considered of the state of Coahuila
> and the Secretary of Tourism, has a project to make this cave a place for
> tourism.
> Despite knowing that the cave has histoplasmosis.
>
> LCC. MÓNICA GRISSEL PONCE GONZÁLEZ
>
> Coordinadora de la Comisión Internacional de Técnicas y Materiales de la
> UIS
>
> Instructor Nacional Certificado de Espeleología por la FMAS
>
> Directora de MP- Mex Caving
>
> Asociación Coahuilense de Espeleología, A.C. (Fundadora)
>
> Asociación Italiana Geográfica La Venta (Socia)
>
> Centro de Estudios Kársticos La Venta (Socia)
>
> Grupo Espeleológico Vaxakmen, A.C. (Socia)
>
> Grupo Espeleológico EspeleoZots en Chetumal (Asesora)
>
> Grupo Pionero de Espeleología en Sonora  (Asesora)
>
> Association for Mexican Cave Studies (Colaboradora)
>
> Texas Speleological Association (Socia)
>
> Unión Mexicana de Agrupaciones Espeleológicas (Socia)

>>     The last time I went to Grutas de Carrizal was 2008. We didn't go to
>> the dry upper level passage, because we knew there was Histoplasmosis
>> there, but three new cavers got histo anyway, (two seriously). It was May,
>> and there were bats in the big passage with the stream. maybe it was always
>> winter when we went in the 70s. Maybe there are now more bats, but I
>> wouldn't try it without histo masks.

Charlie Loving
  • [Texascavers... via Texascavers
    • Re: [Te... Stefan Creaser via Texascavers
    • Re: [Te... Espeleo Coahuila via Texascavers
      • Re:... Charles Loving via Texascavers
        • ... David via Texascavers
    • [Texasc... via Texascavers
      • Re:... Fofo via Texascavers
        • ... Gill Ediger via Texascavers
    • [Texasc... David via Texascavers
      • Re:... Stefan Creaser via Texascavers
      • Re:... Charles Loving via Texascavers
        • ... Asociación Coahuilense de Espeleología AC . via Texascavers
          • ... Pete Lindsley via Texascavers
        • ... Karen Perry via Texascavers