      From: Mark Minton via Texascavers <texascavers@texascavers.com>
 To: texascavers@texascavers.com
 Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 9:03 AM
 Subject: [Texascavers] Karst Information Portal

George,

  According to the Karst Information Portal home page, grotto newsletters
are soon to be withdrawn from open access. That seems like addressing
the potential problem of location information with a sledgehammer.
What's the point of having things on KIP if no one can get to them?
Maybe they should be put into a special "members only" area where NSS
members can log in with their NSS number and some other credentials to
see the newsletters. I've been actively promoting editors to make their
newsletters available through KIP and many have agreed. Now that all
looks like it might have been for naught. :-(

Mark