That's a great idea Bill. The TCMA has committed itself to building a
strong organizational foundation so it can, in the future, partner with
organizations to purchase large tracts with caves. Midnight cave is located
on a very large ranch and big purchases like that are not within the scope
of the TCMA at this time.

Currently the TCMA is actively engaged in the purchase of property with the
TSS to house the yet unnamed Texas caving headquarters. While there isn't a
cave on the property and it is a little less exciting the purchase will
give a permanent home to Texas caving and it's assets and archives. This
will also mean that the TSS's archives will be more easily accessed by
cavers so they can find that new big project or get  their new discoveries
recorded for posterity.

 Also, as far as I know there is no reason to believe the ranch Midnight is
on is for sale at this time.

Gregg