This is just to say I got home safe and that I hope you all had an
uneventful trip home.   It was a 3-1/2 drive each way to the TSC from my
apartment in Alief ( west Houston ).  I might could shave some time off
that with an EZ-Tag.   Had I had someone to help me drive, I could have
done the round trip in under 6 hours.  The hardest part of that drive was
on Hwy. 290 in between Cypress and Hempstead.     And there was a tiny
traffic jam at the construction of the South MoPac Expressway around (
LaCrosse ?? ).

The Celebration of Life for Bill Russell appeared to be better than anyone
could hope for when one passes on.

A whole lot of work went into that.  Obviously, Bill Mixon had a role to
play in that.

On a different note,

I now have a vague idea what the TSC is all about, and some of the work
that someday might need to get done.
Will there ever be another crowd and feast like that there again ?

The weather was perfect for camping and I had camping gear, but after
nearly four hours there, I had to quietly sneak out and head home.

I only took a few selfies at the TSC ( away from the Memorial Gathering. )

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k2hxofo68apszjt/AACFdXL5KqZ01GRQhx_4HLvya?dl=0

If I didn't get a chance to say hello to you at the memorial gathering, or
ignored you, it wasn't intentional.
When one only sees somebody once or twice a year for a few minutes, it is
sort of awkward or
embarrassing, to not be able to remember their name and basic stuff, like
where are they from.    There were
people there that I had met over 30 times in the past 34 years, but very
briefly each time, and so it was some what like walking
into the movie-set of a "Cheers" episode.

David Locklear

And on a slightly humorous note,

At my memorial service ( in hopefully 2065 ), I would like the food to be
sloppy-joes on a toasted sesame-seed bun, grilled crab
croquettes with crawfish etoufee gravy, grilled ground-sirloin with
Ranch-Style beans, ice-cold Fentiman's Ginger Beer, S.O.S.
( thin beef on Mrs. Baird's white bread with brown gravy ),  poached-eggs
with hollandaise sauce, beer-battered
french-fries, and a steamed-tamal ( Veracruz-style ), and grilled
prawn-shrimp with spicy Huatescan sauce, and deep-fried
stuffed avocado, and chicken marsala over angle-hair pasta.    I plan to
eat at least 2 or 3 of those things on my 55th birthday,
which is only 60 days away.