It made me proud to have discussed it at a level high. I could understand
the filial feeling of begging. Yes it is that sir Sivaramanji and Baala
iyer Ji. Because our minds are framed or tuned in such a way that the
Tamil word is bad; but Bas... english is good. Anbalippu is good but Lanjam
is bad. So Pitchai is bad, Bhikha is bad. It is because Avvayar said
KARKAI NANDRE KARKAI NADRE PITCHAI PUGINUM KARKAI NANDRE; please learn even
if you were to beg. Begging is low standard Biksha is higher, that is the
unevenness. If Adi shankara is in front of our homes, we will prostrate and
give out our wealth ;why; because we know that he will recite kanakadhara;
afterall for one amla so much , with all our wealth will our home hold all
those or something will rain at neighbor too ; better to check later ;will
be our thoughts. No hurt or harm meant. I am never an atheist but analyse
at the root.
         When some ugly not well dressed Rags lady stands at the front gate
ONLY REQUESTING (not begging) we remain silent indoors. Are we not? Because
we think they are all destitutes. Who was Sankara? A sanyasi A renunciate;
and who is a renunciate ? a destitute only sir. I am trying to dive into
the veda oceans since RKM school days till date, could not find more than a
few pearls; who having read all other religious system only from USA
libraries, came to a conclusion; that all others are conditional and needs
people to be slave of that dictum; they do not glorify anything big; they
do teach a way of life ,conditioning their minds by certain ordinances. But
sanatana dharma, later branded by the British as Hinduism, did not say who
you are? Did not give a name , not even SANATANI.  Hindu title was after
1600 AD as a PH D . It said it is universal; it said you try these; it said
you stay only in your dharma; it said you have no dress to be branded as
sarve jana sukino bhavantu even oif multi religious. It doesn't matter so
far what you do; but in case you feel at peace ,you have to do simply one
thing; that is MAM EKAM SARANAM VRAJA. Nothing more ; puspam phalam toyam
etc are secondary; pushpa sampradaya with richness is anathema; as a virat
purusha showers flowers daily on ME. Go anywhere; no entry No exit; because
you were born only there; later you were painted with the colours (varna).
Hence only when once a muslim wanted to become a Hindu before HIM, HE said
no stay where you are. (B G). Thus, Vedas did not make a brahmin, make
anyone a brahmin by birth; but only had he from Muka;m vedam trained;
because he is incharge of the welfare of the society. We all feel let down.
No Our job is to keep the society under welfare by mantras and not by
curses. DID WE DO IT? When we did in the past, VEDA , knowing fully well,
the sufferings of those  (who said you must be ONLY like that) gave a
raksha clause also; all you others , grahasta must take care of BRAHMAN ,
GO, AND THE SANYASI.  Veda has and all Grihya sutra; how many of us read
it? your sutra at least? There it is said that everyday one of the duties
of the grahastan is feeding others  a list provided. It is said that a
renunciate is dependent on a grahastan. A cow is that is why Nandini was
not parted by Vasishta not because of any other reason. Welfare includes
waging war for the protection also if in emergency warranted. Any
profession to do in case of need.  For which hunger and no wealth to be
retained were the clauses. If you became rich means you left that breed. It
will hurt, I know. But the truth is bitter.
       Grahstaan had to feed the destitutes like sanyasi , cow and brahmin;
here grahastan is all clan including the shudra; veda permits to take
yachakam (yachakam in any language is only begging) even from a chandala.
So GRAHSTAN SHOWERS FEEDING AS DHANAM; AS A FORMALITY A BRAHNAMAN , A
SANYASI EVEN IF ADI SHANKARA BEGS FOR FOOD WHICH IN SANSKRIT IS BIKSHAI.
Even in that too who is who were classified; the call will show who is
outside ? a brahmin, kshatriya or a vysya?. And not all are destitutes;
needy only were. That means the par below must be fed FIRST and then alone
a grahastan can eat. Or else as B G says it is ssin and the food is poison.
SO THE ACTION WAS MUTUAL; SO THERE WAS NO LOW SENSE OF BEGGING AS WE WROTE
TO DAY.
         Why in the Yagnopaveetham, even before Brahmachari's son asks
Bhavati, she pours so much rice in that kid?My son shall not beg; Vadhyar
will say"amma oru pidi podum innum matrava ellam irukkale; no that laady
feels begging as too low; then will MOTHER VEDHA WILL ACCEPT IT? It was a
twin edged sword. Or else we made it if adi shankara Biksha, scholarsship
etc; why Bank loans also;and donations; so many terms are there. But A ROSE
IS ROSE IS ROSE BY WHATEVER NAME CALLED. From my memeoy survived till date,
I dont allow any one who just called either "amma pasikuthe" to "yagan
Maantra" at my door without giving what I coul; I sent my servant to cahse
the calle who left because I was late, to give and my neibor made fun of
me; whereve I am at any temple including TTD i used to have a bundle
preserved to be given, till I pass throuugh when coming out. Have you seen
the satisfaction in that face?; while I had to park for the signal red
lihjt, AC car, in the last sec, a aldy with a baby knoecked my window; and
from the dash board (where i keep some notes and coins always whenever I
drive,) I pulle out a not , downed the shutter and gave her; as horned from
behind pressed the accelerator; in tat second, note went off her
hands,;flew; cars moving; and she was running across to catch; I was seeing
through mirror; my daughter was crying look cars; she got it; and the
expression on her face; Even God would not have looked like that. Yachakam
is who so ever it may be, including Krishna is ........
        Hence Tiruvalluvar who said under Virunthombal "
விருந்து புறத்ததாத் தானுண்டல் சாவா
மருந்தெனினும் வேண்டற்பாற் றன்று.   (௮௰௨ - 82)
<https://www.thirukkural.net/ta/kural/kural-0082.html> விருந்தினர்
வீட்டிற்கு வெளியே இருக்கத் தான் மட்டும் தனித்து உண்பது, சாவைத் தடுக்கும்
மருந்தே என்றாலும், விரும்பத் தக்கது அன்று (௮௰௨)Also said that
இரந்தும்உயிர்வாழ்தல்வேண்டின்ந்துகெடுக உலகியற்றி யான்.   (௲௬௰௨ - 1062) பிச்சை
எடுத்துத்தான் உயிர்வாழ வேண்டும் என்ற நிலை இருந்தால், இந்த உலகைப் படைத்தவன்
அங்கும் இங்கும் அலைந்து கெடுவானாக.  (௲௬௰௨)
After all the word is not badd but we are . Or else wil any one in those
days could have prevented as equal to deny sankara the funeral rite to
mother? Same do apply today. We do not know which future sankara is found
in the present yachakas? Thank you all K Rajaram IRS 24524

On Thu, 23 May 2024 at 23:59, Madras Sivaraman <madras.sivara...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> With kind regards & best wishes,
>>>
>>> Bala N. Aiyer
>>>

>>> On Wednesday, May 22, 2024 at 11:26:40 PM CDT, Madras Sivaraman <
>>> madras.sivara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I am not able to understand the concept that brahmins should always be
>>> beggars even though even during the mahabharata  war several brahmins were
>>> warriors like Drona, Kripa and others. There were mighty brahmin
>>> dynasties that ruled India.There have been brahmin warriors in our Indian
>>> armed forces who were decorated with the PVC, MVC AND VC apart from Ashok
>>> Chakras, Kirti Chakras and Shaurya Chakras.
>>> Why is there always this picture of Brahmins as beggars?
>>>
>>> On Thu, 23 May 2024 at 07:03, Rajaram Krishnamurthy <
>>> keyarinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> THUS SPAKE DRAUPATI PART4   22524   23524
>>>
>>>   “It is evident that you know that pleasure may be derived from the
>>> possession of various objects of enjoyment. You also very well know their
>>> ordinary states, as well as the great changes they undergo. At their loss
>>> or disappearance occasioned by decrepitude or death, arises what is called
>>> distress. That distress has now overtaken us. The joy that arises from
>>> the five senses, the intellect and the heart, being directed to the objects
>>> proper to each, is called pleasure. That pleasure is, as I think, one of
>>> the best fruits of our actions. Thus, one should regard virtue, wealth and
>>> pleasure one after another. One should not devote oneself to virtue alone,
>>> nor regard wealth as the highest object of one's wishes, nor pleasure, but
>>> should always pursue all three. The scriptures ordain that one should seek
>>> virtue in the morning, wealth at noon, and pleasure in the evening. The
>>> scriptures also ordain that one should seek pleasure in the first portion
>>> of life, wealth in the second, and virtue in the last. They that are wise
>>> and fully conversant with proper division of time, pursue all three,
>>> virtue, wealth, and pleasure, dividing their time duly. Whether
>>> independence of these three, or their possession is the better for those
>>> that desire happiness, should be settled by you after careful thought. You
>>> should then act either for acquiring them, or abandoning them all. For he
>>> who lives wavering between the two doubtingly, leads a wretched life. It is
>>> well known that your behaviour is ever regulated by virtue. Knowing this
>>> your friends counsel you to act. Gift, sacrifice, respect for the wise,
>>> study of the Vedas, and honesty, these, constitute the highest virtue and
>>> are efficacious both here and hereafter. These virtues, however, cannot be
>>> attained by one that has no wealth, even if he may have infinite other
>>> accomplishments. The whole universe depends upon virtue. There is nothing
>>> higher than virtue. And virtue is attainable by one that has plenty of
>>> wealth.
>>>
>>> “Wealth cannot be earned by leading a mendicant life, nor by a life of
>>> feebleness. Wealth, however, can be earned by intelligence directed by
>>> virtue. In your case, begging, which is successful with Brahmanas, has been
>>> forbidden. Therefore, strive for the acquisition of wealth by exerting your
>>> might and energy. Neither mendicancy, nor the life of a Sudra is what is
>>> proper for you. Might and energy constitute the virtue of the Kshatriya in
>>> especial. Adopt you, therefore, the virtue of your order and slay the
>>> enemies. Destroy the might of Dhritarashtra's sons with my and Arjuna's