Hi.  Regarding what WebAppSec at the W3C is doing:

  Our proposed new charter in the WebAppSec WG,
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webappsec/2012Nov/att-0112/Web_Application_Security_Working_Group.htm)
 currently under W3C team review, has a deliverable that we've currently titled
"Sub-Resource Integrity".  It is intended to address security properties of Web
Applications, specifically, to allow an application instance (DOM) created over
an HTTPS connection to load other resources (images, javascript, etc.) over
insecure transports or across administrative boundaries with a guarantee of
integrity.

  It's closest relation is Gerv Markham's Link Fingerprints
(http://www.gerv.net/security/link-fingerprints/), although that focuses on
integrity of linked content to be handled as disposition: attachment.  We may
or may not take on that as a "bonus feature" in WebAppSec, but it is not
necessarily implied by the new proposed charter scope.

  Anyway - this all is to say that we are explicitly *not* addressing the same
problem space as S-links.  We are narrowly interested in protecting the
integrity of a Web Application with components distributed across multiple
administrative domains and/or insecure network links, but all trust would still
bootstrapped initially over HTTPS.  There is no intent to address problems of
identity, trust bootstrapping, secure introduction, key pinning, etc.

  I think this list is a great place to start that conversation.  Thanks, Joe!

Brad Hill
Co-Chair, W3C WebAppSec WG