I am almost certain that this is one pdf reader rendering transparency, and
one cannot handle it. The boulders are partly transparent in the Therion
generated pdf, so in the reader which can render this, they will appear
darker due to the passage background colour showing through from underneath
them. Try drawing a border line though the area of boulders but under them
in the scrap ordering. I bet one pdf will show the line under the boulders
and the other will not.

Footleg