I see now why I did not upload the example source before. It was using a
compiled Survex .3d file as the source of the survey station positions.

I have sorted that out now, with the required fragment of the cave used in
the example now included in the .th file. The example source project for my
overlapping areas is now in a zip file linked from the end of that section
on the wiki:
http://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/doku.php/contrib:externalviewers#examples_of_rendering_differences_between_pdf_viewers

Footleg