From: therion-bounces at speleo.sk [mailto:therion-boun...@speleo.sk] On Behalf
Of Rob Countess
Sent: Friday, 24 April 2015 7:58 a.m.
To: List for Therion users
Subject: Re: [Therion] Therion Digest, Vol 112, Issue 5

Does anyone mind sending me one of your data sets. It would help me
understand the structure and organization.

I have data for several cave areas on Vancouver Island BC Canada in Walls
and On Station. I want to convert the whole mess.

My data sets are

Glory 'ole/Arch Cave area

   -18 km in 4 main caves and a dozen or so smaller caves linked by overland
survey and GPS

   - longest caves are  Arch (10.6 km km 3 entrances), Glory 'ole (2.7 km)
Pellucidar (1.9 km) Resonance (1.8 km)

   - Arch cave is divided into several series based on streams and distinct
areas of the cave

   - 3 caves (Glory 'ole, Resonance, and Arch) overlap in plan view (I want
to produce a high level map with all three caves in different colours,
initially just line plots but eventually real maps)

White Ridge

-7 km in 3 main caves and a half dozen smaller caves Linked by radio
location and GPS

Larch Mountain

2 km in 3 main caves and a dozen smaller caves linked by GPS

I also have a friend that manages data for Weymer Creek (over 30 km in over
100 caves, longest are 12 and 9 km lots of caves overlap in plan view). I am
trying to convince him to switch to Therion too.

I am looking for an example data set that has

1) multiple caves in one caving area

2) at least one cave large enough to be broken into series

3) overlapping layers in at least one of the caves

4) examples of files to produces different outputs with overlapping caves or
cave series in different colours on the same map.

Thanks,

Rob Countess

PS If you don't want to spam the mailing list then send to:

rob.countess at gmail.com