For some months now, some of the images in the Therion wiki do not render.

At least that is my experience.

I typically use Chrome, but checked just now with IE11 and with MS Edge.
All have pretty much the same behaviour.

It is as though the web page can only display so many images, and once some
limit is reached, only a placeholder icon is displayed.

Clicking some of the icons will bring up the image, but with others, there
is an error like this.

If I edit the page, and then click preview, the images appear in preview
perfectly, but on saving the page, they are usually back to placeholder
icons.

To see what I mean, look at the FAQ page https://therion.speleo.sk/wiki/faq

Then scroll down 'How to arrange the maps', the images below here are
placeholder icons only, with some exceptions.

Is this the same for others?

Is there a solution?

Bruce