Bruce

The images work fine on my system (Win 7 with Firefox). I scrolled around
the page and did not see any placeholders. All the thumbnails seem to be
there and clicking them opens the larger images.

I suppose that it could be caused by your ISP or another proxy/firewall
software in between. Have you checked from other computers or locations?

Vladimir