Coincidentally, I'm working on an extended elevation at the moment, comprising
six surveys.
Happens to be the easiest I've ever worked on - no loops!
But I would like to tweak the length of some of the legs/branches to make the
adjacent passage relativity align better.  Sometimes extend
left/vertical/right/hide is not quite enough.

Nothing (or at least not much) related to breaking extended elevations, but...
What do people think of adding a graduated response between left or right, and
vertical (similar to Topodroid)?

ie
extend [left | right] [0 - 100]  # 0 to 100% of the horizontal extension of the
leg, left or right
 where
extend left 0           would be the same as extend vertical, and
extend left 100                 would be the same as extend left (ie 100% is
the default behaviour we have now)

Bruce