Hi Bill,

> Hello everyone - I am having a problem getting Therion to understand how
> to join several scraps to make a large room.

The best advice; never begin or end a survey at a junction! Always
survey through the junction in one surveying trip, so that one survey
"owns" the entire junction itself, and other surveying trips own the
branches off it.

Draw a chamber, and starts of the passages (at the same level) leading
out of it, as a single scrap.

Now that you have not done that, you face a common problem. Thankfully,
it can be easily solved, but you will need some creative "join" commands.

1. Draw invisible walls from the opening of one passage, leading into
the middle of the chamber. That is a subtype of normal walls. Do the
same with If you manage to do it well enough, the lines all match up
well enough to colour the whole chamber. And potentially, a standard
"join" command on the scraps can make it link them all nicely.

2. OK, reality; your chamber is going to be awkward. Joins will not be
so easy to join because there are not stations perfectly on the joins on
a wall, and you will probably not be able to use a standard scrap join.
You will need to use line joins.

Every line that needs a join, needs an ID attribute.

in survey from "trunk" passage:
trunkeast (visible east wall of the passage)
trunkwest (visible wast wall of the passage)
chamberdivide (invisible wall)

in survey from "side" passage:
sidenorth
sidesouth
chamberdividenorth

etc.

then you can join all the line points to make them connect perfectly:

join trunkeast@trunk:0 chamberdivide@trunk:end sidenorth@side:end
chamberdividenorth@side:0 -smooth off

join chamberdivide@trunk:0 chamberdividenorth@side:end -smooth off

etc.

you will need one join statement for every line point that needs to
connect to another one.

This way you can fill the chamber with enough walls to fill the space
with colour.

Does that all make sense?

Tarquin