You're right. I assumed that accesskey effectively meant password. I
know that putting a password in a tiddler might not make a lot of
sense but for it to be a possible option wasn't entirely unthinkable.
The correct meaning of "Accesskey" didn't jump out at me any more than
the consequences of editing an encrypted tiddler with 3.1.1.

I haven't followed all of the changes since so I wasn't sure at what
point things appeared to change. I didn't think there had been many
versions in fact between 1.7 (which worked entirely as expected) and
3.2.

If you make any updates I hope my erroneous or even stupid assumptions
will help in clarifiying the docs and thanks for the clarifications.