I use Chrome and I remember having some trouble with this initially.
In case it helps, here's the way my CookieJar gets around the fact
that Chrome "forgets" the username cookie:

if (config.options.txtUserName=="cmari"||
config.options.txtUserName=="YourName") {
        config.options.chkAnimate=false;
        config.options.chkBackstage=true;
        config.options.txtUserName="cmari";
}