> I can create my own systemConfig
> to set the user name, but since there's no guarantee of what order it
> will execute the systemConfigs (that I know of anyway),

All plugins are invoked in *alphanumeric* order by tiddler title.

Thus, anything that occurs before [[CookieJar]] will work.  Many folks
put hand-edited hard-coded settings into a tiddler called
[[ConfigTweaks]], which gets invoked just before [[CookieJar]].

Note: you can, of course, hand-edit the contents of the CookieJar to
add any hard-coded settings you want... except for
config.options.txtUserName -- whose value CookieJar depends upon --
and thus must be set before the CookieJar is evaluated during startup.

enjoy,
-e