Hi,

This is an interesting thread. Here are some obserations on my own TW use
and some thoughts.

Task Timer
I like TaskTimer and have played about with it. What happened was that i
forgot to switch it off; the excitement of the next task was such that my
self monitoring intentions went out the window.

Editing time = problem solving time.
I think that recording the time tiddlers are being edited would be
interesting. It is not a tiddler's position in the story that directly
correlates to the attention i personally give each chunk of information.
Rather it is the editing of it. If the time spent editing a tiddler could be
recorded in the tiddler, along with 'created', 'modified' etc then the
tiddlers could be listed by this variable.

Cowpaths and time spent editing
I've manually generated lists of well trodden trails and put them in the
sidebar next to timeline. (I called it 'cowpath' after the 'pave the
cowpath' pattern [1].)  I found that I wanted my cowpath to change as I
progressed. For example, at the start I'd be always opening PageTemplate,
ViewTemplate and StyleSheet, but as I progressed into the content of the TW
i would no longer need these. A list tiddlers listed by 5 most pondered
could be a good addition to the navigation system.

Taxonomic Patterns in the mind as viewed as tiddler metadata
Once set up, once all the TW mechanism stuff has been tweeked, It could be
interesting to compare relationships between tags and time spent being
edited. One might be able to see patterns. For example It might be possible
to map out where in a hierachy of ideas your attention was being spent. it
is easy to get distracted along a path you find most enjoyable, but if your
attention patterns were able to be viewed it might help with creativity. I'm
thinking of a particualr creativity technique here - morphological analysis.

Ones perceptions of time spent thinking on certain topics are subjective. If
you goal was to follow the path you thought most enjoyable and you though
that you had spent less time on it than you really had -the illusion that
the boring things make time drag skewing your perception - you would be
subconsciously diverting from your consciously chosen path. Then when
assessing your performance against your self set subconscious goals, you
might create a delusion of in-efficiency for your self.

Plan - Do - Review
I am not sure if this is a formal learning model. I was introduced to it as
one use of the internal triange of a
Gurdjieff<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Gurdjieff>enneagram [2] as
a 'chicken bones' method of systems analysis in production
engineering. I've often though how to craft an eneagram structure on a TW.
They are both non-linear navigation systems

Do - editing open tiddler
Review is viewing tiddler on top. I always drag a tiddler to the top
Plan - ????

TW and the mind
Using a TW is about sorting and working with ideas. My personal interest is
in making a personal tool if not by osmosis, a structure which i build
between the tool and the mind, both impacting on each other - a structural
coupling if you like.

phew, time for a brew

Alex

[1]