ArangoDB looks very interesting as an option. I haven't run into any
multi-modal databases like that before.

It does look like the data model is just about ideal for tiddlywiki in
terms of storing tiddlers and full html files, storing html files as a
string shouldn't be a problem. A quick glance didn't show any binary data
storage for media attachments, but base64 encoding should work there.

My only concern with ArangoDB is that it looks like it is a system wide
install instead of specific to the process running it, leveldb (and by
extension pouchdb) don't require additional installation to function.

Running a ArangoDB for hosting peoples tiddlywiki like tiddlyspot would
probably work well, I am less certain about local installations.