I'm kind of thinking that if the user is setting up MySQL themselves, then
they have control of the server and might as well be setting up
TiddlyServer or Bob anyway, unless MySQL is up their alley, in which case
it's no big deal. On the flip side, using PouchDB or SQLite instead of the
file system would allow some more advanced solutions such as multi-user
editing and version control to be built in much easier.

I'm hoping eventually to find a way to host wikis in TiddlyServer without
using the Node server instance, since it does consume a certain amount of
memory per wiki, and this is one step in that direction. Once that is
accomplished we could transparently write a PHP version of TiddlyServer
that could be used on any shared hosting. Once that happens TiddlyWiki
could become a serious contender as a self-hosted multi-user wiki.

But since my paradigm is to operate within the constrains of current
TiddlyWiki code, I have to take it one step at a time.