I would love this, and it would imitate Roam on this point, but I am not
sure how it would work. Wouldn't each tiddler need a separate state
tiddler? That would affect # of tiddlers and filesize and I am assuming it
would hasten the moment when the file would become sluggish.

If someone were to come up with a viable snippet as to how to do It, I am
willing to try it.