In the control panel, under *Saving > General > Autosave:*
I have "save changes automatically" checked.
This seems to work, since every time I save a tiddler, it makes a new
commit to my GitHub repo.

However, I do not have any TW5 files saved in my Chrome downloads
folder. Note that I also checked:
"Permit automatic saving for the download saver" under
*Saving > Download Saver > Enable Autosave for Download Saver*
But that does not seem to be doing anything. Or at least I cannot find
any locally saved files.

In short, I am not sure how to answer your question:

Which save mechanism are you using in your local system?

Thanks in advance for your help!

David