@Ton Gerner
Thank you. my wish was already there.

lørdag den 8. februar 2020 kl. 23.50.49 UTC+1 skrev A Gloom:

> I was going to post a perfoemance tip post about that hidden setting--
> once I went over 500 tags I would get a noticeable lag when the dropdown
> reacted to text typed in for adding a tag-- the hidden setting cured that
> lag issue for me.
>
> That setting perhaps should be unhidden by adding it to Control Panel-- i
> made a crib/cheat sheet listing the hidden settings listed at tiddlywiki .
> com

I strongly agree that this should be in the controlpanel. when I think of
it, why hide any features at all? At the least, the hidden features could
be put in a "advanced settings" tab or something similar, if we want to
warn people before messing with them.

> Only drawback-- if you have tags whose letter length is under the number
> you set
>
> at setting of 2, for a single letter tag you use letter then blank space
> at setting of 3, for a single letter tag you use letter then blank space,
> and a second blank space
> at setting of 3, for a double letter tag you use letter, second letter,
> blank space

I find it quite fast and intuitive to just type 3 spaces. If we want to
make a bit nicer option, we could add a button to expand the list, to the
drop-down text (dont know the correct word for this) :

So instad of
"Search text too short"
It colud be
"Search text too short (expand list)"

But I still like the first proposition better, as I dont see the point of
showing more than  10 to 20 hits as more is just noise IMO.