tirsdag den 11. februar 2020 kl. 11.27.42 UTC+1 skrev TonyM:

> HC
>
> I started work on providing a filter to the tag drop downs and was asking
> myself how I may filter them to reduce them in number.
>
> I then referred back to your original thread and note a large contributor
> to your problem is the journal tiddlers,
>

>    - Is that because you use a given days journal title as a tag to
>    organise information by day, So have a lot of date tags?
>
> This was just to give an example. It is not a particular annoying problem
for me. the use case was, ifyou use the new journal button, say once a day.
after some time you will have alot of tiddlers with the tag journal. and if
you press the journal tag you will get a very long and slow list.

You are I assume aware that rather than click the drop down right away, if
> you start typing the list will be filtered, however on first click into the
> tag name entry, it shows all tags right away.

Yes I am aware. and the first click slowdown is the problem.

> What if this click or responce to each letter typed was disabled and you
> had to use the dropdown by click or tabbing to the "tag dropdown", before
> the list appeared, then the list will only be those tiddlers that match the
> search string? This could popup again after 3 to 4 characters are typed
> because by then the possible tag list is reduced.

This is actually a quite good idea with a mix of both approaches. Though I
dont know how if these buttons are small on mobile.

> If however your list is not reduced much after 3-4 characters then I
> believe there is another approach, please give me an example "string" where
> you get too many tag suggestions after the all tag list is displayed if
> possible.

no I have not had this problem.

Maybe this is feature creep. but I remembered bimlas had some solution
where he added a line to the viewtemplate with a list of (selcedted) often
used tags. Maybe instead of just showing the alfabetically first rags on
the first click, we could only show a list of "selected" tags. when you
start to type or press the tag drop down you could get the normal list. -
just a thought.