Speaking of either-or logic, perhaps we are all doing that. Maybe there
would be a way to have it both ways: create a shell application with a
different, more approachable name, but that says "powered by TiddlyWiki"
and it gets updated automatically when TiddlyWiki gets updated.

So if you go to tiddlywiki.com, you get the name TiddlyWiki. but if you go
to "Snafoobar.com" or "Snafoobar.tiddlywiki.com", you also get a
TiddlyWiki, updated when TW on GitHub is updated, but it is called
Snafoobar. Maybe not a great analogy but TiddlyWiki would be like the
MS-DOS for the new app. I mean, we already have editions of TiddlyWiki that
are updated when TW gets updated, right? Why not a covert edition with
another name? Or am I missing something?