Mark, thank you so much!

Here is a slightly modified version including my last thoughts from
above, i.e with a little bookmark-button before to each link. Quite
possibly hacky due to my cut-paste-trial-error-approach to
programming. Oh, btw, it is remodified for not a HR list but the
original link-title list format

BTW, maybe there's a way to paste the "clipboarded link list" DIRECTLY
into the script prompt (or equivalent)? I mean instead of having to
pasting it into a separate tiddler and then having to type the tiddler
name into the script.

<script label="Wikify URL-list">
var src=prompt("Write title of tiddler with list to convert");
if (!src || !src.length) {
  alert("Could not find tiddler by name of " + src + "." ) ;
  return false;
}

var txt = store.getTiddlerText(src) ;
if(txt.indexOf("[[") != -1) {
  alert ( "Tiddler " + src + " is already wikified." ) ;
  return false ;
}

var tid = store.getTiddler(src) ;
var ara = txt.split("\n") ;
var out = "" ;

for(var i=0;i<ara.length;i+=2)
out += "<<newJournal title:'" + ara[i+1]+ "' tag:'Bookmark' text:'[["
+ ara[i+1]+"|"+ara[i]+"]]' label:'ᵒ'  >>[[" + ara[i+1]+"|"+ara[i]+"]]
\n" ;
store.saveTiddler
(src,src,out,tid.modifier,tid.modified,tid.tags,tid.fields);
//return "Tiddler " + src + " now wikified." ;
story.displayTiddler(story.findContainingTiddler(place),src);
//return false;
</script>