I'm really happy to say IT WORKS though!!!!!
I intend to put up a "conclusive" post here, but before I do;

As per your suggestion, I modified the ViewTemplate into;

[[ToolbarCommands::ViewToolbar]]'></span><span macro='tiddler
MarksMarcoButton'></span></div>

...but this puts the MarksMarcoButton first in the tiddler menu. I
think it ought to be more hidden (it is not every day that you save
all tabs as bookmarks) so it should be under the "more▼" button.
However, doing the followign in ToolbarCommands does not work;

|~ViewToolbar|closeTiddler closeOthers +editTiddler deleteTiddler
references > fields syncing permalink MarksMarcoButton|

Thank you