Folks,

I was exploring various alternatives for the local host addresses in Bob,
TiddlyServer and I expect what I found would be the same for node installs.

Problem

   - Normally on my home LAN my Bob and tiddly server are accessible on the
   LAN
   - To keep it tidy and so it did not interfere with my DHCP (fixed)
   network address I defined more addresses on my Network adaptor
      - Eg Desktop 192.168.1.119 (DHCP) TiddlyServer on 192.168.1.81, Bob
      on 192.168.84
      - I have shared this tip previously
   - However when I connect to another lan like my hot spot these addresses
   are on the Wrong Network eg 192.168.3.X and do not work even just locally.

Discovery

   - I discovered IPv4 network standards reserve the entire address block
   127.0.0.0/8 (more than 16 million addresses) for loopback purpose
   - Which made me aware that 127.0.0.1 is not the only available local
   host address

Tip/Solution

   - This means more than one instance of TiddlyServer and Bob/Bob.exe can
   be set to a local host address,
   - This leaves 127.0.0.1 free for hosting other servers.
   - I tested this and it works well eg I use 127.0.4.80 127.0.4.81
   127.0.4.82 127.0.4.83 127.0.4.84

Extension

   - I hope that I am be able to configure TiddlySaver, Bob and Node to
   Share on the addresses 192.168.1.80 - 84 in addition to the local host
   address
   - This will only work when I am on the 192.168.1.x network
   - When on other networks such as 192.168.3.X or some shared network such
   as my "hot spot" they will not be available on the LAN
   - In my browser, on the computer hosting the servers, I will always use
   the different local host addresses, and they will always be available when
   the computer is on any network but private unless at home / 192.168.1.x
   networks which means I time I may change this.
   - Further investigation of The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
   (IANA) which has reserved 169.254.0.0-169.254.255.255 for Automatic Private
   IP Addressing. As a result, APIPA provides an address that is guaranteed
   not to conflict with routable addresses.

Regards
Tony