Peter Buyze wrote:

> Title 1
>    Tiddler A
>    Tiddler B
> Title 2
>    Tiddler C
> Title 3
>    Tiddler D
>
> whereby Title 1, 2, 3 are book titles, Tiddler A, B, C, D are clickable
> tiddler titles, Tiddler A, B, C, D all have 1 tag in common: *book*.
> Ideally the book titles are in alphabetical order, and the tiddler tiles
> below each book title too, and the book titles are collapsible.

OK, so what is the commonality for 1, 2, 3? Do they share a common tag or
how are they distinguishable?
And how can you tell that, say, TiddlerA belongs to Title1 and not to
Title2? Does A perhaps have the tag Title1.

My spontaneous thought is that it should be 1,2,3 that are tagged "book"
because they are books. And A-D should be tagged with the title of the book
they belong to. BTW, it is not clear what "tiddler A" refers to in reality.
It would be easier to understand if you exemplified your things with actual
titles of books, authors etc.

BTW, I have modified the lay-out below the horizontal empty template
> tiddler as follows:

 Your tree model does not show how your "horizontal empty template" fits in.

<:-)