The source code of that plugin has been compressed and obfuscated, however
I suspect it calculates and renders the preview on demand, i.e. when you
hover over a link. That won't work when exported to a static website,
unless there is javascript library that we can drop in that can do the same
for static html sites.

Otherwisem I think your best bet is probably to look into modifying the
behaviour of the save button in the edit template, to see if you can save
text for the preview into a separate field when a tiddler is saved.