Edgaras,
You are showing great patience and you are great at summarizing where you
are at the moment. It is clear that you know there are several ways to peel
the "banana".
Now would you consider starting a new thread starting with a summary. I
think that would make things more clear for now and easier for more people
to take part in this important discussion.

Edgaras and Mat,
We are able to set the editor toolbar from control panel and the tiddler is
$:/core/ui/ControlPanel/Settings/EditorToolbar. . I have it in my
EditTemplate in my own TW. I have seen and tried Mats hover, but it kind of
flickers and I do not find it easy to use. At least not on my computer.

Riz,
Thank you for the clear description of Github and the potential community
repo.

Mat,
In my opinion you are on the track.

We need to be able to use tiddlywiki as a tiddlywiki. But things can be
moved and work at the place when needed.

We should all remember that we just might be a little too fixated on the
look we know.

Edgaras,
I am not sure why you feel the system tiddlers are all over the place?

Birthe.