My own two cents.
I've been using TWC since about 2002-2003. I lost the first one, but have
been using a subsequent one ever since. I still have tiddlers from 2006. I
use it for recipes now mostly.

I started using the TiddlyDesktop for a couple years now because I'd had
enough of Firefox breaking my saving. I won't go back to that. I still like
the single file. The data will never be lost.

I like the third column on the left side, I have a navigation section over
there as well as a calendar that shows when I've added tiddlers or modified
them. The only thing I haven't been able to get working is the tag cloud
thingy.

I've looked, occasionally for themes that bring this third column to TW5,
without luck. Most everything else is fine. That's all I need. Use more of
the available screen space.

TW Classic is like a warm blanket on a cold day to sit in front of a
crackling fire.