As we know, when viewing a tiddler, you can click on a tag to get a nice
drop-down list of all the tiddlers that it tags. I often find myself
wanting to access this information when creating a new tiddler, as part of
figuring out what it should link to. Right now, I have to click over into
"More" / "Tags" in the sidebar, possibly having to expand the sidebar or
scroll to the top if my screen is too small, and then scroll through the
list of tags again to find the right one -- all when I can already *see *the
relevant tag pill. Surely there has to be a better way! Has anyone done
this themselves?

Poking around in the edit and view templates, it was not obvious to me what
would need to be replaced to maintain the X-button functionality while
making the tag pill linked. (Also, is there a reason this doesn't already
work by default? It seems pretty obviously useful, and clicking on the tag
doesn't currently do anything at all in edit mode.)