Damon,

Thanks for sharing to the community. I would add some quick points for
future readers of this post

   - Apart from load time taking longer as a wiki grows, installing a Splash
   screen <https://tiddlywiki.com/#Creating%20a%20splash%20screen> helps
      - I have even included a message "preparing the interactive
      environment" to intrigue them
   - The greatest limitation on performance seems to me to be what you see
   on screen
      - Hide or close unnecessary elements like the side bar to boost
      performance
   - I am working on a tool to snapshot tiddlers as static html in the wiki
   for tiddlers that are complex and more often don't change often.

Regards
Tony