Mark,

> It's interesting, but seems to want only a traditional node connection, so
> Bob and Tiddlyserver won't work.
I'm open to supporting these – As far as Bob is concerned, I've found
documentation and source code pertaining to API routes, which means I
could feasibly implement support. I've had no such luck poking through
TiddlyServer, but if someone were to point me to some docs, I could
make an attempt.
> It would be helpful if the form of the address was explained.
Good catch; that's an easy enough addition.
> After saving on node, the new item doesn't show up in the recent list until
> you refresh the browser.
I'm afraid this appears to be a limitation of the API, as there
doesn't seem to be a call to push changes to clients. I find that in
5.1.22, the new “cloud button” -> “Get latest changes from the server”
is much smoother than hitting refresh.
> Getting rid of the "save dialog" would be a good enhancement.
I'll likely add a checkbox to this effect; luckily, this is quite an easy fix.

Tony,

> Could we also be allowed to provide a name for the icon?, basing it on the
> domain name at a first step?
It would certainly be possible to add more parameters to favicon_fmt.
The rationale behind the current default is that a SHA-1 hash of the
icon data itself makes for an easy enough way of avoiding duplicates,
whereas depending on the site, different pages on the same domain can
easily feature different favicons. Are you envisioning an additional
field in the popup as well?
> Could there be a R-click tiddlymarker option to harvest from a link on the
> page?
The current mechanism relies heavily on reading from a given tab using
the corresponding API
<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/tabs/Tab>,
in particular as a foolproof way of obtaining the favicon, altogether
avoiding reading the page DOM. If I were to implement something like
this, it would likely open the link as a tab in the background and try
to read from it once loaded. It would be a bit janky, but I do like
the sound of that workflow.

Thanks for the feedback, both of you. The code is messy and overdue
for a refactor, especially with the most recent additions, but I'll
keep what's been said here in mind as I push for 0.3.0.