On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 1:02:28 AM UTC-7, Riz wrote:

> Can the admins or moderators tag the posts? This is what we do in reddit.
> If a tag is untagged or wrongly tagged, the moderators modify the tag of
> the post. We also added widgets to sidebar with buttons like "plugins",
> "adaptation" etc pressing on which users can filter out just the plugin
> announcement posts. This will act as a community resource which can replace
> individual efforts like tiddlytoolmap.

Tags are applied to the entire thread, not individual posts.  I can edit
tags for any thread, but I'm not sure if non-moderators can do that as
well.  Take a look at the top of the thread.  It is currently has one tag:
"GoogleGroup".  On my display, there is an "edit tags" link the current
tag.  Does that show for you as well?

There's no facility on GoogleGroups for adding "widgets" or "buttons" to
the sidebar.  However, there is a "search for messages" control at the top
of the page.  Take note of the "down arrow" (just to the left of the
magnifying glass).  If you press that arrow, it will show a popup panel
with options for searching.  One of the options is "with tag" which should
allow you to find messages based on a specified tag value.

-e