Michael,

Whilst combining wikis has its value, and it takes some time to reach
limits, if you do so carefully they can be easy to pull apart later.

If you have a way to logically keep two wikis separate make use of this
fact and keep it separate, there are plenty of integration options while
keeping them separate. Tiddlywikis work well as smart documents as well.

I have a large consolidated personal organiser but I am now starting to
move projects or clients out to their own wiki because I can customise and
grow them further without overlapping the functionality of the key wiki,
however I keep project metadata in the key wkii to drive regular reviews
and project level time frames, but the project wiki has all the detail.
Having a wiki edition for say project makes creating a new project easier.

In my tiddlywiki development suite I have dozens if not hundreds of wikis,
usually created to some "end" in particular, or subject, once the activity
comes to a close the essence is extracted and packaged and the original
wiki archived. I then place the result in a consolidated wiki.

Integrations

   - Jeds bob wiki has a number of integrations will all its child wikis,
   whilst I place dev wikis under it, one consolidates resources which I drag
   to the wiki in use, eg images, icons.
   - another has all the plugins I come across, another my business plan,
   another social media content in writing
   - Mohammad's indexing solution .https://kookma.github.io/TW-Searchwikis/
   is a great advance for integration, even fo0r single file wikis, you can
   include locally searchable content that comes from another wiki, with links
   to that content.
   - TiddlyWikis versatility allows numerous integrations and interactions
   at a designer and user perspective you can make almost anything as an
   integration
      - Eg you can drag and drop between one wiki and another in an iframe
      in the current wiki.

Regards
tony