Perfect! Thank you.

I did have the tiddler name as [[My Status]] in the custom field.
I was assuming that the tag field of a tiddler was simply a list of titles.
Since my custom field was also a list of titles, I assumed I could access
it the same way.
I suppose it's not...

Now I'm stuck trying to filter based on a number in a custom field called
"priority".
I'd like to only show tiddlers with priority equal or greater than "5"
Can I do that in a filter?