Thanks! I did see that, but couldn't figure out how to actually use it.
Let's say I want to filter only tiddlers where the custom field *priority*
is 5 or greater.

This works, but it's messy:
[priority[5]] [priority[6]] [priority[7]] [priority[8]] [priority[9]] [
priority[10]] +[!is[system]tag[My Tag]]

I understand that this, for example, returns 6, because 6 is greater than
or equal to 5:
[[6]compare:number:gteq[5]]

However, I don't know how to use that in a filter....
As far as I understand, that first parameter should be a list of
tiddlers... But then I'd be comparing the tiddler, not a specific field
within it...
Which means I'd need to first test using only the value of that field, and
then use that to filter.
I tried these, but none worked...

priority[[{{!!priority}}]compare:number:gteq[5]]
priority[[[{{!!priority}}]compare:number:gteq[5]]]
priority[[[field:priority]compare:number:gteq[5]]]

I figure there is probably a very simple solution to this that I'm missing.