Hi Mark S

I had another look, and yes, I had seen the most recent incarnation of
NotoWritey when I posted (if
https://marxsal.github.io/various/notowritey-outliner.html  is still the
location). I would still stand by my statements:

1) It is similar to Stream: it is an outliner editable in view template of
the parent tiddler, where each node/line/point is its own tiddler that gets
edited from the view template of the parent..

2) Even though it is an outliner, it seems more geared toward writing and
editing larger paragraphs toward longer pieces, than toward rapid
generation of shorter items as in to do lists, tables of contents and
outlines, because of the jarring apparatus that appears around each point
when creating it. This apparatus is distracting when one wants to just
generate a lot of short points or rearrange them. The distraction is both
visual (the cluttered feel I mentioned) and psychologically (lots of
choices present themselves forcefully). The background color of the text
field is dark, making it harder to read what one is writing. #eee would be
a more relaxing option. The hamburger menu at the far left is always
visible, creating another distraction. If there were a way to write but
have the editing apparatus hidden until I ask for it, that would be closer
to a Dynalist feel than NotoWritey is now. As it stands, I would compare it
more to a word processor feel, something useful for writing longer
paragraphs in longer documents. Please don't take the above as negative
comments! They are not. They are just my attempt at explaining why I don't
see NotoWritey as a tool for rapid generation of short points.

3) Having the editing tools available at each point is powerful, and
despite my reservations in point 2, I really do like NotoWritey. If I were
going to write a manuscript, I would choose NotoWritey over Streams and
probably over any of the other options. Although printing presents an
issue: I would add "Hide left margin icons when printing" to your roadmap,
since I don't see anything like that there. They are visible in print
preview in Firefox.

Kudos, Mark, NotoWritey is a great tool. Sorry if my original post sounded
dismissive, it wasn't meant to be. And I haven't even investigated all the
options in the hamburger menu or the bottom of the editing apparatus. Lots
of power packed into it.